Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A visit to a small planet...

Sumi and David at the Olympic Communication Centre

Well it has been almost two years since last I made an entry. What on earth could I have been up to that was so important not to have written. Sometimes I am just not interested in writing, though I do dabble in the art once in a while.
As this is about my journey, where have I been? About a month ago I did some work in Delaware for a software company from Medicine Hat. In October I took a group of clients to Hawaii. Spent a gloirous Victoria Day weekend at Waterton. Christmas with family in Lethbridge. My niece Erin got married between Christmas and New Year. Calgary Stampede. California. Said goodbye to two long-time friends killed when their van ran into a truck in ice fog. I got in a fair amount of horseback riding. And a whole lot more.
One of the highlights has to have been my 10-day stint at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics, doing some communication work with the Paralymic Games. I got to see a couple friends I hadn't seen in years. I stayed with my niece, her husband and their three boys. Every day I took the little SeaBus across the inlet from North Vancouver to downtown Vancouver. It was a great experience.